Acid Reflux is a big problem for more and more people these days, so I want to share some tips that'll help you develop your own acid reflux disease diet that'll make the problem better or alleviate it altogether.
First, here are some foods that have little potential to aggravate acid reflux disease...
Vegetables Baked potato
Friendly Animal Foods
Ground beef, extra-lean
Steak, London Broil
Chicken breast, skinless
Fish, no added fat
Friendly Dairy Foods
Dairy Cheese, feta or goat
Cream cheese, fat-free
Sour cream, fat-free
Friendly Grain-based Foods
Cereal, bran or oatmeal
Rice, brown or white
Filtered pure water
Now, here are foods you should avoid for your acid reflux disease diet, foods that are almost guaranteed to cause heartburn problems...
All citrus fruits and juices
Ground beef, chuck
Cottage cheese, regular
Macaroni and cheese
Spaghetti with sauce
All alcoholic beverages, including wine and hard liquor
Coffee, decaffeinated or regular
Tea, decaffeinated or regular
Other Foods to Avoid
Fatty or fried foods
Peppermint and spearmint
Creamed foods or soups
Most fast foods
And here are some miscellaneous techniques to try if you suffer from acid reflux disease...
* Since nicotine weakens the lower esophageal muscle, you should stop using tobacco in all forms.
* Avoid chewing gum and hard candy, which increase the amount of swallowed air, which, in turn, leads to belching and reflux.
* Do not lie down immediately after eating.
* Avoid late evening snacks.
* Avoid tight clothing and bending over after eating.
* Eat small, frequent portions of food and snack if needed.
* Lose weight if overweight. Obesity leads to increased reflux.
* Elevate the head of the bed six to eight inches to prevent reflux when sleeping. Extra pillows, by themselves, are not very helpful.
Remember, the healthiest diets are those that are composed whole foods from both plant and animal kingdoms. If you want a great diet that will build health, stay away from processed and packaged foods as much as possible.
You'll be pleasantly surprised at the improvements you'll experience when you practice the acid reflux disease diet that you developed.
Chet Day - Editor
Acid Reflux Disease Diet, Natural Cures & Treatment
( Home Page - Starting Point )
[Diagnosis & Treatment of Serious Acid Reflux]
[Develop your Own Acid Reflux Disease Diet]
[Hereditary Aspect of Acid Reflux Disease]
[Natural Ways to Deal with Acid Reflux]
[Acid Reflux & Heartburn - Natural Approach]
[Chinese Approach to Heartburn & Acid Reflux]
[the Acid Reflux & Antacid Myth]
acid allergy alternative asthma avoid bloating buy causes chinese cider coffee constant chronic cures desease diet disease foods formulas gerd healing heartburn herbal herbs indigestion infant low medications medicinal medicines natural nausea oriental pillow recipes reflux relief remedies remedy severe sore stomach surgery symptoms teas throat traditional treatment ulcer vinegar